Perfect Harmony Organic French Roasted Chicory Root, Caffeine Free, Gluten Free, Low Acidity Coffee Alternative and Coffee Substitute, 16 ounces
Do you love your morning of cup of joe but are worried about overstimulation? Chicory root just may be the answer you’re looking for. For anyone who has issues with stress, caffeine can exacerbate that issue. Caffeine, of course, is a main ingredient found in coffee, and even small amounts are found in the decaffeinated
Do you love your morning of cup of joe but are worried about overstimulation? Chicory root just may be the answer you’re looking for. For anyone who has issues with stress, caffeine can exacerbate that issue. Caffeine, of course, is a main ingredient found in coffee, and even small amounts are found in the decaffeinated versions. Consuming less may help lower epinephrine and cortisol levels when sleeping and during stressful life circumstances. What is Chicory root? Chicory root comes from a perennial herbaceous plant of the dandelion family, called chicory, which usually has bright blue flowers. Many varieties are cultivated for salad leaves, which you may know as endive or chicons, but the roots are ground and used for baking and, most popularly, as a coffee substitute. Chicory root also contains oligosaccharide-enriched inulin, which is a prebiotic. The inulin in chicory root is also known as a prebiotic fiber because it’s highly fermentable by the friendly bacteria in the gut. Prebiotics may help promote the growth of helpful probiotics in your digestive system and may enhance calcium absorption. This is why you’re likely to see inulin, or chicory root fiber, in probiotic supplements. Rich and toasted in aroma, the Perfect Harmony roast chicory is added to coffee and tea blends to provide a delicate aroma and a mellow, full body. Coffee blended with roast chicory is popular in Europe, India and locally along the Gulf Coast in New Orleans-style blends. Over the past few decades the unique roast chicory flavor was also brewed into beer and distilled into liqueurs. Perfect Harmony’s roast chicory is European roasted and full of aroma and flavor. New Orleans natives will tell you that it’s one of the best and most delicious traditions and a must-have when visiting. Known as the chicory in a café au lait, which is chicory coffee with hot milk, it has become an essential part of the history of New Orleans.
- COFFEE FLAVOR – Perfect Harmony is a premium drink that tastes like a cup of coffee, but is caffeine free and low acidity. It is French roasted to perfection and provides a rich, full bodied taste and mouth feel
- 100% ORGANIC and NON GMO – This is USDA certified organic, and the product does not contain any GMOs, sugar, dairy, or nuts. This is better for you as well as the environment. Here’s to a healthier lifestyle and a more sustainable planet
- BETTER SLEEP AND DIGESTION- Perfect Harmony is naturally caffeine-free, so it will not give you the jitters or keep you up at night. You can even enjoy a late afternoon cup without fears of tossing and turning. Regular coffee is high in acid and can cause digestive issues and irritation of the stomach lining which may result in discomfort. Chicory root contains inulin fiber, a prebiotic, which supports beneficial microflora, so it may actually aid in the digestion process and improve regularity
- BREW JUST LIKE COFFEE – You can brew this gourmet product in the same way you would brew regular coffee. You can use a drip maker, a French press, or a pour over method. Or you can simply just boil it in a pot on the stove
- BETTER PACKAGING – EASY open, 16 oz. RESEALABLE, flat bottom foil bag, keeps out odors, moisture and light while protecting the integrity and flavor of the contents and keeps back upright
Great to blend with coffee If you like NOLA-style coffee and are looking for the right roasted chicory root to blend, then look no further. Blue Prairie has a nice dark roast and is unusually evenly ground for chicory root. It’s just the right level of grind for use in a French press. It’s also organic, which is important to us, and it comes in a high-quality resealable bag. It is not the cheapest chicory root on the market, but it is worth the price.
Packaging Needs some thought The chickorey is awesome! but they get a minus for the packaging isn’t great. First they put the “sale sticker’ over the directions. Then the seal was so overly glued shut that I had to use scissors and now can’t use the fold down tie to keep it closed.Again great product just maybe think a little more about packaging. The blue is pretty, but the small detail make a difference in repeat customer service.
Best latte ever This stuff is absolutely delicious. I add it to my coffee sometimes, but I’m trying to stay off caffeine so I often drink it straight. It has a slight caramel taste to it that I’m addicted to. The fact that it’s healthy is just a bonus. I often add a little butter and MCT oil and throw it in my blender. Best latte ever.Will buy again. Product arrived promptly and was sealed tight for freshness.